In my current project for a first time I am working with Mercurial version control system. And here are some links, materials and tutorials which I found very useful at the beginning of work with this distributed source code management so different than CVS or SVN.
- http://hginit.com/top/ – Short but very concise tutorial written by Joel Spolsky, yeah that Joel 🙂 All written in a very entertaining way
- TortoiseHg – popular application known from its versions for SVN/CVS with version for Mercurial
- Mercurial (hg) with Dropbox – Article explaining how to connect Mercurial with Dropbox to end with free self-backuping repository.
- MercurialEclipse – Eclipse plugin allowing to work with Mercurial from this IDE
- Mercurial – the Definitive Guide – Book explaining almost every detail of Mercurial
- Mercurial by Example (PDF) – Mini article showing how to use Mercurial with easy to follow examples
- Branch i merge w Mercurial – Guide how to create branches, how to merge and how spend only a few moments (in contrary to SVN) on merging two distant branches
- Development workflow for Mercurial – article at TechRepublic
And as always, the latest list of articles and tutorials can be found on the Wiki site – http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki.